You received the recipe for Crazy Rice yesterday, now here’s Part 2! The Grilled Chicken recipe also comes from My Italian Grandmother and is originally called Grilled Lemon Chicken. I did not experience the true lemon flavor as much as I did the herbs because I forgot to zest the lemon… so if you want it really lemony, make sure you zest! This chicken is easy to prep and grill in a grill pan, although it does need to marinate for about one hour.
The only problem I ran into was with my herb application. I’ve been using these herb blends, which are like herb paste in a tube. See:
The herb blends are super flavorful and quick, but when grilling the chicken, the excess burned very easily. There was still plenty of flavor on the grilled chicken, but I had to pick off a lot of burnt herbs as I cooked. Not the most appetizing looking stuff.
[only slightly adapted from My Italian Grandmother]
- 3 or 4 chicken tenderloins (or chicken cutlets)
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- small clove of minced garlic
- 1/8 c. parsley blend paste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning blend paste
- 1/2 tsp. Mrs. Dash Table Blend
- salt and pepper
- Combine lemon juice and zes, garlic, parsley, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add chicken and coat each piece well.
- Let marinate for one hour.
- Heat grill pan and drizzle with oil or cooking spray.
- Cook chicken on both sides until cooked through.
- Chicken can be served whole or chunked and added to the Crazy Rice.