ATTENTION!!!! This is one of my favorite new recipes to date!!!
First, there’s bacon.
Then there is chicken cooked in bacon grease.
Plus fresh veggies.
Just the Two of Us is one of the best cookbook purchases I’ve ever made. This dish was quick, easy and so delicious, I don’t have words to describe it. WH wants it on the “rotation”. I want it every night. DONE.
Easy Chicken and Garden Veggies
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 chicken breasts (we used 1)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt (I have garlic powder and added some salt)
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 4 oz. fresh green beans, trimmed and left whole
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium plum (Roma) tomato, cut lengthwise in half then sliced
- 1/4 c. Italian dressing (or balsamic vinaigrette)
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring until crisp.
- Remove bacon and keep warm.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with garlic salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes until browned on both sides.
- Discard excess bacon grease.
- Add water and green beans to skillet.
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 8 minutes.
- Stir in bell pepper.
- Cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes, turning and stirring occasionally.
- Cook until chicken is done.
- Stir in tomato and dressing until heated through.
- Top with bacon.
- Serve with rice if you like.