A few nights ago I made dinner and juggled 3 different (and new) dishes. It was a proud moment. Exciting too, since I’m getting to cook a lot of things I’ve been saving from other blogs. Dinner included recipes from Just the Two of Us (JT2OU), Loves To Eat and Pioneer Woman.
It was fabulous.
JT2OU offered the main dish for dinner: Italian Minute steaks. I’ve never cooked with beef cube steaks before, but I loved how quick they cooked up. The toppings were very flavorful as well. It’s so easy and was really low-maintenance once you put everything in the skillet so it made my multi-tasking simpler.
Just season the beef cube steaks and cook, turning once.
Top with pasta sauce, green peppers, onions, more pasta sauce, and grated parm.
Cover and simmer.
Italian Minute Steaks
- 2 beef cube steaks (4 oz. each)
- 1/4 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 c. tomato pasta sauce
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 1/2 small green pepper, chopped (about 1/4 c.)
- 2 Tbsp. grated parm
- Season beef steaks with lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook steaks about 10 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Pour half the pasta sauce over steaks.
- Layer onion and peppers on top.
- Pour rest of the pasta sauce over vegetables.
- Sprinkle with cheese and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes.