I would pay for this dish in a restaurant. It was sooooo delicious. It is light and flavorful and easy. And the portions turned out perfect — no leftovers!
I want to make this every night. Seriously. It’s that good. Just make it and eat it and enjoy it.
Chicken and [Penne] Pasta Primavera
- 1 c. uncooked [penne] pasta (I used corkscrews)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces (I used 1 large breast)
- 1/2 c. sliced zucchini
- 1/2 c. sliced yellow squash
- 1/2 c. 2-inch pieces asparagus
- 1/4 c. Italian dressing
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves (I used a basil “paste” from the store — worked fine)
- 3 Tbsp. shredded parm
- Cook and drain pasta as directed, without salt.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken in oil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in zucchini, squash, and asparagus.
- Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir pasta into chicken mixture.
- Stir in dressing and basil.
- Heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese and pepper.