It would seem I have become obsessed with Barefoot Contessa recipes. The same night I made Barefoot Bloggers Chicken Piccata, I paired it with Confetti Corn. I love corn and I will try just about any recipe that dresses it up.
I definitely over cooked the onions a bit, but the rest turned out well and it was very tasty.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c. chopped red onion
- 1/2 small orange bell pepper, 1/2 inch diced
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Kernels cut from 2 ears of white corn
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. julienned fresh basil and minced fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large saute pan.
- Add the onion and saute for 3 to 4 minutes, until the onion is soft.
- Stir in the bell pepper and saute for 1 minute more.
- Add the butter to the pan and allow it to melt.
- Over medium heat, add the corn, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Season to taste, gently stir in the basil and parsley.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from Source