Every Wednesday morning WH goes to a lecture with about 40 other colleagues who are in his same program. If you remember, a while back I sent Blueberry Crumb Bars which were a big hit. I haven’t been able to get my life together enough to do it again. Then I found this recipe for Apple Bread.
It’s not bad. Though I must say it’s no Blueberry Zucchini bread. However, the apple bread is subtle in flavor and pretty tasty. It didn’t last very long at our apartment, and WH didn’t even take it with him to work!
Makes one loaf
Stuff you need:
- 1 & 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. finely shredded, peeled apple
- 1/4 c. cooking oil
- Optional: 1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
What to do with that stuff:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan and set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine egg, sugar, apple, and oil.
- Add apple mixture all at once to flour mixture.
- Stir until moistened. Lumpy batter is okay.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Wrap and store overnight before slicing (if you can wait that long 😉 )