This past week’s dinners have been very successful. Everything has turned out wonderfully and I tackled some new recipes and techniques that I’ll share in posts to come. This recipe is one I have made several times, but always felt it could be better if I just had the right kind of skillet. I used to cook this meal with a skillet/pan that had straight sides. The pan was circular, but instead of gently sloping sides, it just became a larger pot. I guess a kind of saucier, but not as cool as an actual saucier. I always felt like it wasn’t shaped right and wasn’t big enough for this recipe, but it was all I had. Now that we have our new Calphalon cookware, this recipe turned out fabulously!
It’s from a cute little cookbook I got a few years back when I moved into my first apartment and really started cooking. I think my mom or grandmother gave it to and I have found some really simple recipes. It is a book of recipes that use Campbell’s soups and usually have right around 5 main ingredients. This recipe I really enjoy because I love potatoes, I love broccoli, and I love chicken. It’s perfect!
Broccoli Chicken Potato Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. red potatoes; sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 10 oz. cooked chicken (or 1 pkg. refrigerated cooked chicken strips)
- 2 c. fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 can Campbell’s Broccoli Cheese soup
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 c. grated Paremsan cheese
- Heat oil in skillet. Add potatoes.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken and broccoli.
- Mix soup, milk, and garlic in small bowl.
- Add to skillet.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until potatoes and broccoli are tender.