I found a recipe for potatoes on Karen’s blog, Loves To Eat (our January Tour Stop!) and had to make them. While this is not one of the recipes Karen suggested, I knew WH would love them. On Friday I will be posting my experiences with one of Karen’s favorite recipes for the Tour. Consider this an extra treat from Love’s To Eat.
When I saw this recipe I immediately decided to make steak and green beans with them (a variation on this). WH has been asking for “steak and taters” for a while and since he took me to The Eagles Concert!!!
I decided to say thank you with a delicious meal. He enjoyed it too, saying: “I’d pay $20 for that at a restaurant”. Why, thank you.
These potatoes are so yummy — we ate the entire dish! The easiest recipe ever, just some garlic, butter, salt & pepper. My cook times were a little different than the recipe and since I sprayed the dish with non-stick spray, it didn’t come together like I think was intended (you’re supposed to be able to invert onto a platter but we just ate out of the dish). It was flipping good.
The steaks were seasoned with some Mrs. Dash grill seasoning and cooked on a grill pan. I used some of Pioneer Woman’s suggestions for grilling steak, like putting butter on the grill pan. Check out more of her tips. Green beans were tossed with olive oil & grill seasoning and tossed on the grill pan as well. This was one of those meals where I got every thing right. It was really awesome and so so easy!
Easy Potato Bake
- 4 to 5 small red potatoes, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Coat small casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Layer potatoes in casserole dish and top with melted butter and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to coat.
- Cover with foil and cook for 20 – 30 minutes (depending on thickness of layers and slices)
- Increase oven heat to 400F; cook uncovered for a few minutes until potatoes begin to turn brown.
- Let cool & serve.
[Adapted from Anna Potatoes] — Thanks Karen!!