I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday. WH and I are touring the Mid-Atlantic states (visiting family) and then we’re headed to Mexico to take our honeymoon!!!
I wanted to share my holiday treats that I gave to family this holiday. I found the Peppermint Stirrers on Good Things Catered and the Sugar Cookie recipe from Kuchenlatein. The Gingerbread Cookie recipe is listed below. I had so much fun making all of these goodies! YUMMY!
Merry Christmas everyone! Scroll down for a family pic 😉
Gingerbread Cookies (People in cookbook)
- 3 & 1/2 c. flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 c. dark molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. grated orange or lemon zest
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, cloves, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the brown sugar, oil, and butter until fluffy, 2 minutes.
- Beat in the molasses, egg, and zest.
- Gradually add the flour mixture until combined.
- Divide the dough into 3 sections; flatten each into a disc.
- Wrap each in plastic wrap and chill thoroughly, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Working one disk at a time and keeping the remaining dough in the refrigerator, roll the disk on a lightly gloured counter to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut the dough with cookie cutters.
- Place on the preared baking sheet, 1 inch apart, and bake until just barely dark, about 8 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining 2 disks of dough.
- Cool on a rack.
Love, Amy, WH, and Reggie (the Reindeer)