Easiest side dish ever? These potatoes.
You chop. You season. You cook.
I had these going while I slaved over the Turkey Cutlets with Herb Gravy and Celery-Apple Salad. I literally forgot about them until I heard the timer. And they were perfect. Fabulous.
Funny story: I’m pretty sure when I asked WH to shred some parmesan, he shredded asiago instead. Our palates are not advanced enough to notice that while eating (sadly). In fact I didn’t realize it had happened until I need parm in another dish and noticed how the Asiago was shredded much more than the parm. Oh well, still good. But I recommend using parm.
Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
Stuff you need:
- 3/4 lbs. new potatoes
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. grated parmesan
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
What to do with that stuff:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut potatoes into one inch chunks.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Transfer to a roasting pan or baking dish.
- Roast, stirring once, until golden brown and crisp; about 50 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.