Another late night for WH meant another slow cooker recipe. This time I tried my hand at a soup and was pleasantly surprised at the result. As you know, WH and I love stuffed green peppers — well we found our perfect soup: UNstuffed Green Pepper Soup. Couldn’t be easier, although next time I make it I’ll probably add a little more seasoning like garlic and oregano. This recipe makes 8 (a generous 8 ) so you can definitely count on some leftovers.
Please don’t mistake my lack of “talking” for indifference towards this dish. While it’s not the most fabulous dinner, it is pretty high on the list and one day might even make it into the rotation 😉
Unstuffed Green Pepper Soup
Stuff you need:
- 1/2 lb. ground round
- 3 c. fat-free beef broth
- 2 C. vegetable juice (I used V-8 )
- 2 (14 & 1/2 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 c. green peppers, chopped
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 1 c. instant rice, cooked
What to do with that stuff:
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In slow cooker, mix beef, broth, vegetable juice, tomatoes, green peppers, and onion.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours (or LOW 7 to 8 hours).
- Before serving, stir in the rice.
- Cover and let sit for 5 minutes and then serve warm.