#1. Name a food you like that uses a red sauce or anything red in it.
#2. Name a food you like with whipped cream in it or on it.
Does strawberries with whipped cream count? Ohhh, that makes me want some right now.
#3. Name a food you like with blueberry in it.
#4. Share a recipe for pasta or dessert or a beverage.
I’m excited to share this recipe, because it’s so fresh and quick. WH loved it. I was so surprised. The flavors are perfect together (obviously) and taste so fresh and light. We also got to use our new restaurant style cheese grater 😀
Pasta with No-Cook Tomato Sauce
Serves 2 or 3
Stuff you need:
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. pasta
- 1 lb. tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 c. fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- parm for serving
What to do with that stuff:
- In a cup, put the crushed garlic in the olive oil so the flavors can infuse.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Cook pasta about 11 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 c. of pasta water and drain pasta.
- In a large bowl, crush the tomatoes with your hands & season with salt & pepper.
- Remove the garlic from the olive oil and discard.
- Add the oil, butter, and lemon peel to the tomatoes.
- Add the pasta and toss, adding a splash of the pasta water if you need to thin the sauce.
- Add the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with parm.
Source , September 2008