I love quesadillas. And when I say “love”, I mean LOVE. I’d eat them everyday forever if I had to. They are just that good. Lucky for me, I learned a simple, delicious recipe from my mom that makes perfect chicken quesadillas.
Obviously, you can put whatever you want in a quesadilla. So feel free to mix and match ingredients. But here’s my favorite quesadilla combination.
Stuff you need:
- 1 ear of corn, cooked and kernels cut off the cob
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 lb. chicken tenders
- Shredded cheese, Mexican blend
- 6 tortillas
- olive oil
- Southwest Chipotle seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash)
What to do with that stuff:
- Heat olive oil in 2 skillets over medium heat.
- Season chicken tenders and place in one skillet.
- Put corn kernels in second skillet and let stand (without moving them around) for 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- When chicken is cooked, let sit a few minutes and chop into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Add small amount of olive oil to skillet that chicken was cooked in and saute vegetables until tender. Don’t forget to season with Southwest Chipotle seasoning.
- When done, set vegetables aside with with corn and chicken.
- Wipe out skillet corn was cooked in and place one tortilla in skillet.
- Warm tortilla and flip until warmed through. Set on plate under paper towel. Repeat until all tortillas are warmed through.
- Place one pre-warmed tortilla in bottom of skillet.
- Sprinkle with cheese, chicken and vegetable mix.
- Sprinkle with more cheese and place a tortilla on top.
- Allow quesadilla to warm. Once cheese is very melty, flip and let warm a little while longer.
- Cut into triangles and top with sour cream, salsa, etc etc.