A few weeks ago I gave a family friend’s recipe a try. It turned out so-so and the hardest part about it was knowing it wasn’t going to be very good while I was cooking. The only positive was all the ideas I thought of to improve it the next time. Unfortunately when it was time to go round 2 (meaning if we didn’t use the pork we’d be throwing precious dollars in the trash), I was sick. Like really sick 😦 So WF valiantly stepped in to attempt the recipe. In his own words this recipe is “better, but still not perfected”.
Downside to WF cooking: pictures are scarce. I had to keep reminding him in between sniffles and coughs.
Pork Chops Royale, Revisited – as prepared by WF
Stuff you need:
- 2 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- juice of one lemon
- 4 Tbsp. BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, sliced
What to do with that stuff:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix lemon juice, BBQ sauce, and brown sugar.
- Place chops in baking dish with lid (or cover tightly with aluminum foil).
- Baste pork chops liberally.
- Layer onion and pepper with chops.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes, basting liberally every 15 minutes.