I’ve been slacking on posts more than I’d like, but I have an excuse. WF and I were gone this past weekend and I’ve been very sick for the past few days 😦 I “slept” – more like fell asleep and woke up a million times – for like 16 hours the other night. I felt awful. I’m still not completely better, but I’m hoping to be healthy in the next few days. I cannot be sick at my own wedding!! But enough about that, onto some food!
I saw this recipe in another Pampered Chef cookbook, “Delicious Desserts” and knew I had to try it. WF and I love S’mores and even made some the night we got engaged 😉 (We were camping)
These are easy to make and WF said they were right on point taste-wise. One downsde: if they don’t get eaten the same day, the graham crackers get soft and the whole s’more effect is lost. I was so excited to make these I didn’t even consider halving the recipe like usual. Oops 0:-)
Nonetheless, we enjoyed these delicious treats while they lasted. I hope you do too!
Please Sir I Want S’more Bars
Makes 24 bars
Stuff you need:
- 20 whole graham crackers, divided
- About 9 oz. milk chocolate candy (I bought a large Hershey’s bar and 2 regular sized bars)
- 16 oz. mini marshmallows, divided
- 6 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 3 Tbps. milk
What to do with that stuff:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make a single layer of graham crackers to completely cover a cookie sheet that has raised sides.
- Toast in the oven for 2 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack.
- Coarsely break the remaining graham crackers into a bowl and set aside.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate bars and set aside.
- Combine 3 cups of the marshmallows, 3 Tbsp. of the butter and the milk in a small microwave safe container.
- Microwave on HIGH 1 minute.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add half of the chopped chocolate and stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Using a spreader, spread the marshmallow mixture evenly over the graham cracker layer in the pan.
- Melt remaining 3 Tbsp. of butter and toss with broken graham crackers.
- Add remaining marshmallows and chocolate; toss.
- Spoon evenly over the mixture in the pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the marshmallows are lightly browned.
- Cool and cut into bars.