This next recipe is truly a family affair. The recipe comes from my future mother-in-law, Linda and nearly all the ingredients are from my grandfather’s garden:
If you want any easy side dish, this is it. And it’s delicious, like really really delicious. This is another recipe that can be tweaked to suit your tastes. The original recipe didn’t call for green peppers, but I have a bunch so I dumped those in. The recipe calls for shredded cheese. I happened to have Taco blend in the fridge — totally worked. I will definitely be making this side dish a lot!
Cheesy Vegetable Medley
Stuff you need:
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- squash, chopped
- onion, chopped
- tomato, chopped, canned or fresh (I used fresh)
- green pepper, chopped
- shredded cheese
What to do with that stuff:
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute the squash, onion, and green peppers in olive oil over medium high heat until tender.
- Add tomatoes and reduce heat to medium, medium-low.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese and allow to melt on medium-low heat.
I mean, it doesn’t get any quicker than that.
Source: [FF] Thanks, Linda!!