Another recipe from the Pampered Chef bridal shower guests: Pork Chops Royale from Sharon. I love pork and this recipe is super easy and very good. I will probably make a few changes the next time I try this recipe, but it has a tasty foundation that can be tweaked and manipulated almost any way you like. The original recipe calls for ketchup, but WF doesn’t like ketchup — GASP! I still don’t get it because who doesn’t like ketchup?? Anyway, I substituted the ketchup with bottled BBQ sauce. Let me tell you, this smelled heavenly baking in the oven. I’m not sure how the recipe would turn out with ketchup, but if you try it, let me know. I also added green peppers to this recipe because I have about 6 from my grandfather’s garden that I want to use.
The original recipe is written for 4 pork chops. However this recipe is very easy to make for any number of chops. I’ve listed each of the ingredients for one pork chop. Increase as needed for each additional pork chop.
Pork Chops Royale
Stuff you need:
- pork chop, about 1″ thick
- thin slice of onion
- thin slice of lemon (or lemon juice)
- thin slice of green pepper
- 1 Tbsp. BBQ sauce (or ketchup)
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
What to do with that stuff:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Season both sides of the chop with salt and pepper.
- Place a slice of onion, lemon, and green pepper onto the chop.
- Top with BBQ sauce and brown sugar.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until done.
- Baste with BBQ sauce frequently while baking uncovered.
Source: [FF] Thanks Sharon!