Last time WF requested something I ended up making a pretty darn good Red Velvet Cake that I never thought I’d be able to pull off. This time, I mixed up some delicious Limeade. As I write this, WF hasn’t had a chance to taste it yet, but I think it’s pretty fabulous.
I like the way this drink is not overwhelmingly limey but gives enough of a kick at the end so that it doesn’t taste watered down. I also like the way this drink is a perfect use for my brand new glass pitcher. My cousin gave it to me at my bridal shower last weekend. LOVE IT!
Give this a try – quick! – before the next season begins… HOKIE FOOTBALL SEASON that is. Yes friends, another Hokie Football season is upon us. On Saturday WF and I will be in Charlotte at the season opener vs. ECU. If you know nothing about Hokie Football, all you need to do is watch this. If you know about Hokie Football, watch this and laugh as hard as WF and I did … and get extremely pumped up for the season.
But I digress… on to the recipe!
WF’s (Future) Favorite Limeade
Stuff you need:
- 3 to 4 limes
- 8 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar (more or less… your call)
- Ice cubes
What you should do with that stuff:
- Quarter 2 of the limes and place in your blender (yes the entire lime) with sugar, 4 cups of water, and the juice of 1 lime.
- Blend until completely pureed.
- Strain the limeade into a pitcher and add the other 4 cups of water.
- Add ice to the pitcher as desired.
- Place 3 or 4 lime slices (optional) in the pitcher and refrigerate.
Additional things you could do:
- Add tequila for instant marg 😉
Adapted from: Laylita’s recipes