I’m always looking for slow cooker recipes, especially now that at least two nights a week WF has to do group homework for the Master’s program he is doing through his employer. It’s pretty lame that he doesn’t get home until 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, midnight… ugh. It’s usually just Wednesday and Thursday but it definitely throws off my ideal dinner schedule. I’ve found that slow cooker recipes mean it doesn’t matter too much when WF comes home — he can just heat up dinner if it’s gotten cold in the cooker. Scroll down for a pretty successful recipe I made on Thursday. It was simple but good and WF approved😉
Also of note today, I got to use another one of my new shower gifts! Here are some pictures of my new Chop and Scoop! So easy to drop my chopped onions in the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Chicken with Creamy Rice & Broccoli
Stuff you need:
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 3/4 c chicken broth
- 1 bag Minute rice
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 c broccoli florets
- 1 clove garlic
- onion powder
- salt & pepper
What to do with that stuff:
- In slow cooker, add 3 soups, chicken broth, rice (poured out of bag), and onion.
- Put slow cooker on HIGH and begin cooking.
- Trim chicken breasts and cut in half to make 4 large chunks.
- Peel clove of garlic and rub onto surface of chicken. Season both sides with onion powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Pan sear each side, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken pieces to slow cooker.
- Let cook for about 2 hours.
- Add broccoli florets and cook for another hour.
- Serve warm.
Other things you might want to know:
- Serves 3 to 4.
- If your chicken pieces are smaller, wait to add them to the slow cooker when you add the broccoli.
- You can skip pan searing the chicken. I just liked the color and texture it produces.
Adapted from: All Recipes.com